The following objects and functionality are deprecated. In other words, the objects and functions are still available in OpenSim, but we advise removing from your code and workflows since they will be removed in future releases:
- Control Constraints for RRA. This option is no longer exposed in the GUI, although old setup files with Control Constraints will still work as in previous releases. Users should set appropriate limits via the actuator file. For an example, see the gait2354 example included with the release of 3.1.
- In GUI scripts the function addModel. Users should switch to loadModel.
- In Scripts (both Matlab and GUI), OpenSimContext, PropertyHelper, and ArrayDouble are deprecated. These helper functions are no longer necessary since Simbody classes like State, Vec3, etc. have been exposed. For more information see Common Scripting Commands.
- deprecated/unused setDebugLevel method
We have updated the main gait examples (2354 and 2392):
- Converted to Millard muscles
- Removed control constraints for RRA and CMC
- Eliminated specification of kinematics for external loads (not necessary)
We have updated the OpenSim probe interface in several ways:
In the GUI, the option (under File) "Preview motion data..." has been changed to "Preview experimental data..." to reduce confusion with loading motions (.mot or .sto files in the OpenSim format).
Millard Muscle Updates
Upgrade: change references to updDefaultState to updWorkingState
Upgrade: Moved methods from SimbodyEngine to Model (by Kevin/Ajay)