This page contains information and tips on debugging in OpenSim source code.
In Visual Studio:
To avoid building the entire test suite and just run a particular program/test case, do the following:
- Insert breakpoints in the program.
- Right click on the program/test, select "Run as StartUp Project"
- Select Debug -> Start Debugging (or press F5)
The program will start running after all relevant dependencies were built, and the program will pause at the breakpoints.
If you are writing a plugin follow Debugging a plugin in Visual Studio.
- Right clicking on breakpoints allow you add properties to them (action when hit, pause condition etc).
- You can right click particular line in the program and click "Set Next Statement" and the program will execute the line next.