Installer creation instructions ( as of 08/06/12).
Pre-requisites on the Machine
- VisualStudio 2008+ Pro.
- CMake 2.8.8
- Swig 2.0.4
- Netbeans 7.0.1 with JRE 1.6x
- Resource Hacker (reshacker) used to change the icons in the Netbeans generated installer of the GUI.
- Ghostscript (http://www.ghostscript.com/download/)
- NSIS with fix to handle long path names
- Build C++ (including simbody if needed) make sure to build release only or last if you build both debug and release otherwise VisualizerGUI will not work. Make sure to BUILD_JAVA_WRAPPING, point JRE_TO_PACKAGE to the jre to be distributed and turn on OPENSIM_INSTALL_PACKAGE_BUILD
- Build JavaWrap, osimJavaJNI, and Doxygen (have swig 2.0.4) all tests should pass
- Build GUI
- Build zip distribution from Netbeans (builds into dist directory) then nzip into folder opensim
- Run reshacker to change icon of opensim.exe (.ico file is in top level/Install) command is
ResHacker.exe -addoverwrite opensim.exe, opensim.exe, OpenSimApplicationIcon.ico, IconGroup, 100, 1033
- edit opensim.conf in /etc/opensim.conf to use jdkhome="jdk" and to add extra flags for directdraw also change settings directory to proper version
default_options=" ...-J-Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -J-Dsun.java2d.gdiblit=false -J-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -J-Duser.language=en"
- run package target in VisualStudio.
//Copy SimmToOpenSim built with VC71 to distribution
- make sure redistributable (vcredist_x86.exe) is uptodate and lives in bin directory
- Run nsis
- SimmToOpenSim arm model.
- IK on arm model with setup file
- CMC on arm model
- RRA on gait2354
- Marker editor
- Compile plugin and laod it.