OpenSim previously has received support from the NIH though the National Center for Simulation in Rehabilitation Research (NCSRR) (P2C HD065690) and Simbios, the NIH National Center for Physics-Based Simulation of Biological Structures at Stanford (U54 GM072970), and by DARPA through the Warrior Web Program.
See the Authors page for a list of the many people who have contributed to the OpenSim project over the years.
OpenSim relies on a wide variety of third-party software (licenses are in parentheses):
- Java NetBeans (CDDL)
- JxBrowser (proprietary; JxBrowser Product License Agreement, with LGPL components; used in OpenSim 4.0 and above)
- Jetty (Apache License 2.0; used in OpenSim 4.0 and above)
- Jython (Python Software Foundation License Version 2)
- Apache XML Graphics (Apache License 2.0)
- VTK (BSD-3-Clause)
- JFreeChart/JCommon (LGPL)
- Java (Oracle Binary Code License Agreement)
- three.js (MIT)
- OpenSim Libraries and Application Programming Interface (API):
The source code for LGPL components can be obtained from the links above.
The following software tools are used when building (compiling) OpenSim: